The historic Best Motel Motor Court was built in 1933 during a travel turning point, from destinations of downtown rail and bus depots, which previously delivered travelers to city centers.....to.... new adventurous dependable automobile, and new motorists needed a place to stay and park their automobiles. This was the beginning of the Motor Court or travel Motor stop, part Hotel part Motor Court, Mo(tor) (ho)Tel or MOTEL.
The building has, been continuously operated since 1933 as the "Best Court." Much of the original Simmons furniture designed by Bel Geddes remained in use when the property was purchased in February 2017.
A Painstaking 16 month labor of love restored 23 units and 17 garages to their original roof and trim colors and saved the Malvern Brick Company's yellow Brick. The Best Cafe Storefront has been restored to its original door and window configuration.
We also were fortunate enough to find the son's of the original neon sign builder, Meeks Neon, and they rebuilt the original design of the "Best Court" neon sign as it was in 1933.
The building has been completely rebuilt top to bottom. The original gravity heaters removed 100% new wiring, new plumbing, state of the art Air Conditioning and at great expense have had AT&T high speed fiber Optic Cable run into the building. We removed 60, 1950's A/C units from windows and walls and rebricked. At great expense we copied and place beside every bed copies of the original Simmons Mattress Company nightstands designed by Norman Bel Geddes (Famous 1930's American theatrical and industrial designer), which were still is some of the rooms when we purchased the property.